Importance of Activity:
- In this activity, your child will verbalize and draw pictures of his/her favorite playtime activities. It is important to discuss what makes the favored activity special.
- Together, you will plan a special time to do one of your child’s favorite outside activities that involves exercising, which is a great way to instill healthy, life-long habits!
- Child knows own characteristics, preferences and experiences as similar to and different from others’.
- Child recognizes own skills and accomplishments and takes pleasure in performing them.
- Strengthening parent-child relationship.
- Child understands the meaning of verbal language and responds with words, phrases and ideas.
- Child understands the importance of exercise.
- What is your favorite activity to do inside? What is your favorite activity to do outside?
- How do you feel when you do your favorite activities?
- What makes the activity your favorite?
- What is your favorite activity that involves exercising and moving your body? My favorite activity that involves exercising is playing at the park with you!
- Let’s plan a special day for doing your favorite outside exercise-based activity! Can you help me mark the date on the calendar?
- Sing the song with your child while you look at the “Fun Time at Playtime” activity tuneTOON.
- Place the mat on the playing area.
- Arrange the craft supplies in front of your child on the playing area.
- Talk to your child about what his/her favorite playtime activities are. Ask him/her how he/she feels when playing his/her favorite games/activities and what his/her favorite activities are that involve exercising. Share your favorite activities that involve exercising.
- Now it is time to make your playtime chart! You will use paper and washable markers to create your chart.
- Ask your child what he/she would like to title the chart. Help your child write the name he/she chose at the top of the paper.
- Divide the chart into two columns, one for inside activities and one for outside activities. Ask your child to pick 5 activities to add to each column.
- Ask your child to pick his/her favorite inside activity and favorite outside activity. Discuss what makes these activities special. Highlight these two activities in a creative way, such as stickers, markers, etc.
- Now your child can decorate the chart by drawing pictures, adding photos and/or stickers.
- Once your child is done decorating the chart, plan a day when you and your child will do one of his/her favorite activities together, and mark it on your calendar.
- End the activity by singing the song again with your child.
- Fold the playing mat together and put it away.
* Please fill out a short survey, and click the "complete" button below! *
There is currently no survey for this activity.