Importance of Activity:
- It is important to encourage your child to be creative.
- This activity provides you and your child with an opportunity to use your imagination to create new endings to a special story!
- Using pretend play to create new ending to a familiar story requires a higher level of thinking, and doing so brings more fun to your child's pretend play.
- Child knows own characteristics, preferences and experiences as similar to and different than others’.
- Child recognizes own skills and accomplishments and takes pleasure in performing them.
- Strengthening parent-child relationship.
- Child dresses up and role-plays with others (pretend play).
- What is your favorite story?
- Let’s read the story together!
- Let’s watch the tuneTOON® together.
- Let’s use our imagination and create a new ending for the story!
- We can create a new beginning or a new middle of the story too!
- Which new ending was your favorite?
- How do you feel when you are acting out the story?
- Let's decide which roles each one of us will play.
- Sing the song with your child while looking at the “I Love Story Time” activity tuneTOON. Watch the animation as well.
- Place the mat on the playing area.
- Arrange puppets and/or stuffed animals in front of your child on the playing area.
- Say, “Today we are going to create new endings to your favorite story!”
- Ask your child what his/her favorite story is. If you have the book, look at it with your child. If you do not have the book, talk about what happens in the story with your child.
- Now it is time to use your imagination and create new endings for the story!
- Use puppets and/or stuffed animals to act out the story with the new ending you and your child came up with. Remember you can act out more than one new ending. Encourage your child to create many new endings to the story. You can also create a new beginning and/or middle of the story.
- After your child is done acting out the new endings, ask him/her which ending was his/her favorite.
- Remember, you can do this activity again with another story!
- End the activity by singing the song again with your child.
- Fold the playing mat together and put it away.
* Please fill out a short survey, and click the "complete" button below! *
There is currently no survey for this activity.